Hopes and Dreams


Assalamu'alaikum wr. wb.
Hello, my name is Amelia. So, i'm here to write this blog about my hope to this country

Dear Mr. President and the government, I hope that the Indonesian state will be better than before. Like giving justice to its people. The President and Government should pay attention to the situation of the people and regions. There are still many regions in remote areas that do not get assistance from the government. In this case, I hope the government will change the region well.


Hopes and dreams

Hope is something that we want to happen and we work very hard for it to happen. But we are not sure whether it will happen or not and sometimes we can’t do anything about it. Hopes and dreams signal future intentions.

Dreams are different from hopes. Dreams are fantasies created with a mixture of imagination and play. Most of us define our dreams as practically unachievable, and consequently we aren’t attached to their fruition. Apply the DNA of dreams to goal setting, and you’ll be simultaneously liberated and motivated.


The verb ‘hope’ is to express:
  • An event that possibly happened (past)
  • A event that will possibly happen (future)
To say what you hope about the past, you use the simple past:
  • hope she found the restaurant.
  • hope he passed his class last semester.
To say what you hope about the present, you use the present:
  • hope he‘s all right.
  • hope he knows where the clinic is.
  • hope he‘s having a good time in Florida.
  • hope he likes Italian food.
To say what you hope about the future, you use the present (or the future, although it is less common)
  • hope he has a good time in Florida next month. (I hope he’ll have a good time in Florida next month.)
  • hope she comes to see us when she passes through New York.(I hope she’ll come to see us when she passes through New York.)

How to express our hopes:

a. Sentence structure to express hope using ”ing verbs”.

Subject-ing verbComplement
Iam hopingfor some good weather tomorrow
Iam hopingfor a good grade in English.

b. Sentence structure to express hope using “to” and “that”.

SubjectVerbComplement
Ihopeto study in America next year.
Ihopeto do something beneficial for my country
Ihopethat there is enough food for everyone in the party.

c.Sentence structure to express hope using verb tenses.

SubjectVerbComplement/object
IhopeRahmat found the place.
Ihopemy brother passed the test.
IhopeDessy finds my wallet.
IhopeIwan is having a good time in Bali.
Ihopemy brother will have a good time in Jakarta
IhopeYanti will not see us when she passes by.

Examples to express hope:
– I want to become a doctor.
– I am hoping to finish all my work on time.
– I hope I will realize all my dreams.
– I hope that I will always be honest.
– I hope that I will never lie.
– I hope that I will never smoke.
– I want to get my homework done.








Komentar

Postingan Populer