Suggestions and Offering


Suggestions
Suggest mean to present a suggestion that is to introduce or propose an idea or a plan for consideration. Suggest  means to propose a plan. It can be accepted or refused. Suggestions are abstract and can be in form of solution, advice, plan, and idea.
For Example :
·         Let’s finish our homework first.
·         Let’s go home. 
Expessions/Gambits
When making suggestions we often use the following expressions :
-Let’s …
-Why don’t we …
-We could …
-What about …
-How about …
-I suggest that …
-You might want to change …
-I think …
-I don’t think …
Responding to Suggestions
–         Let’s go to the library.
–         Let’s go to movies.
–         Why don’t you do homework before going out?
–         We could eat at home today.
–         What about eating at the new place?
–         How about going to Sam’s place first?
–         I suggest that we call it day.
–         You need to change your sleeping habits.
–         Ithink you should go and meet her.
–         I think we should do it this way.
Making Suggestions
Accepting Suggestions
Declining Suggestions
Let, go to movies.
Yes, let’s go
No, thank you. I do not feel like going.
Why don’t  you do your homework before going out?
Ok, I will
Sorry, I think I will go out first and then do my homework.
How about going to Sam’s place first and then to the supermarket?
Yes, let’s go. It is a good idea.
No, let’s just go to the supermarket.
I think you should go and meet her.
Ok, if you say so.
Sorry, I can’t. I have previous engagement.
Let’s call it a day.
Let’s.
No, let’s stay for a while.



Example :
C = Cantikha
A = Amel

C : Amel, will be playing again at a KPop concert near here
A : yes then?
C : I'm confused about my clothes
A : I think wearing simple clothes isn't too flashy, like a long black and white stripe
C : ah yeah why didn't I think about what clothes you would wear?
A : I will wear a plain black shirt complete with long black jeans
C : Wow, it looks interesting.
A : make sure you fully charge your lightstick
C : Well, I also don't forget to bring a spare battery if my battery runs out
A : Ah yes, the spare battery is almost oblivious
C : but, you look a little confused
A : do you think I should wear a hat or not for a concert?
C : if I were you, I would wear a hat
A : why?
C : to protect the face from the sun
A : We already wear hijab
C : even so, the hijab had no face shield
A : ah you're right, okay, I'll follow your advice


Offering

Offer means to give something physical or abstract to someone, which can be taken as a gift or a trade.  Offer means to give help. It can be taken or refused. Offer can be in terms of food, money, solutions, friendship or a bargain.

For Example :
·         Shall I take you home?
·         Do you want to help with your homework?
Expressions/Gambits
When making offers we often use the following expressins :
–         May I …
–         Can I …
–         Shall I …
–         Would you …
–         How about I …
Examples :
–         May I give you a hand?
–         Can I help you?
–         Shall I bring you some tea?
–         Would you like another piece of cake?
–         How about I he;p you with this?
–         Can I clean the car for you?
–         Shall I help you with your homework?
–         I will do the washing, if you like.
Responding to Offers
Making Offers
Accepting Suggestions
Declining Suggestions
Can I help you?
Yes, please.
I really appreciate it.
It’s okay, I can do it myself.
Shall I bring you some tea?
Thank you, its very kind of you.
No, thank you.
Would you like another helping of cake?
Yes, please, that be lovely.
No, thanks. I don’t want another helping.
How about I help you with this?
Yes, please, that would be very kind of you.
Don’t worry, I will it myself.
Can I take you home?
Thank you, I appreciate your help.
That’s all right, I will manage on my own.

Example :

Amel: Hello Cantikha, how are you?
Cantikha: Hello Amel, I'm fine thank you. How about you?
Amel: I'm fine too.
Cantikha: What you have been doing during quarantine?
Amel: I'm watching some anime and listening kpop music, how about you?
Cantikha: i'm watching some thai series
Amel : have you a recommendation from thai series?
Cantikha : would you like Thriller genre? You should watch the gifted
Amel : Thank you for your suggestion!
Cantikha : Okayy. Eumm have you a recommendation from kpop music?
Amel : maybe you can listening seventeen all song espescially seventeen - run to you
Cantikha : Thanks for your suggestions!
Amel : You're welcome. would you like to cover this song with me after quarantine it's over?
Cantikha : sure!
Amel : Ok, if you say so!
Cantikha : Keep yourself healthy and stay safe , Amel!
Amel : you too, cantikha!


YouTube Link :
https://youtu.be/zMnCiVsbyFw

Komentar

Postingan Populer